New Recipe

New Recipe

Police Foil Planned Terror Attack in Nairobi, Recover Weapons and Explosives

Security agencies have foiled a planned terror attack in Nairobi following a high-level counter-terrorism operation led by officers from the National Police Service (NPS), together with other security agencies. The operation, which later resulted in a raid on a suspect hideout within the city, followed months of intensive intelligence gathering, surveillance, and data analysis targeting […]

Ida Odinga says her net worth is about Ksh500 million

The widow to the late former Prime Minister Raila Odinga, Ida Odinga, has announced that her net worth stands at approximately Ksh500 million. Ida Odinga made the revelation on Friday February 20, 2026, when he appeared before the National Assembly’s Committee on Defence, Intelligence and Foreign Relations for vetting following her nomination as Kenya’s Ambassador […]

Major boost for DPP as accused enters plea deal in Shakahola manslaughter trial.

The office of the Director of Public Prosecutions (ODPP) has secured a significant breakthrough in the ongoing Shakahola manslaughter trial after one of the key accused persons entered into a plea bargain agreement with the state.

Enos Amanya Ngala, well known as ‘Hallelujah’, a co-accused of controversial preacher Pastor Mackenzie, was charged afresh on Friday, with 43 count of manslaughter after reaching a plea deal with the prosecution.

Under the agreement, Amanya pleaded guilty freely and voluntarily to all 43 counts, confirming to the court that his decision was made without threat, force, intimidation, or coercion of any kind.

As part of the arrangement, Amanya undertook to fully cooperate with investigators by recording a witness statement and testifying as a witness of the prosecution in the ongoing Shakahola proceedings, including the Kwa Binzaro massacre case.

Amanya also agreed to participate voluntarily in a rehabilitation programme during the term of his imprisonment.

In return, the state through the office of the Director of Public Prosecutions (DPP), agreed to withdraw 195 out of the 238 original manslaughter charges that had been preferred against him. The prosecution also undertook to withdraw all charges facing him at the Tononoka Children’s Court.

The prosecution further urged the court to treat Amanya as a first offender and recommended a custodial sentence of 11 years, considering the three years he has already spent in custody.

The remaining eight years would comprise two years in custody under rehabilitation program run by prison authorities and the national counter terrorism centre followed by six years under supervised probation for his reintegration back to society.

Amanya told the court that he had ample time to consult with his advocate, Kelvin Lisanza, before signing the agreement. The victim’s counsel acknowledged that the plea deal was entered into lawfully, and that it followed testimony from more than 100 witnesses.

Despite the development, Amanya’s wife, Anne Anyoso, and his younger brother, David Amanya, will continue to stand trial alongside other accused persons.

The matter is prosecuted by Deputy Directors Joseph Kimanthi and Jami Yamina, alongside Principal Prosecution Counsels Victor Owiti, Betty Rubia, and Alex Ndiema and Prosecution Counsel Yassir Mohammed.

Centrine Ogonyo

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Trending

Popular